What is the contest all about?
This is a comprehensive nationwide contest launched by EdVIE. It is designed for students from 6th to 9th grades with a passion for engineering. The contest comprises of Math, Physics and Chemistry questions which form the core of any engineering domain. Students who want to analyze their aptitude in the subjects are encouraged to participate in the contest.
- Compete with the brightest in the country.
- Assess your aptitude in the subjects to prepare better for the IIT-JEE exam.
- Win exciting cash prizes and discounts on EdVIE’s IIT Foundation Online Course packages.
When and Where?
- The contest will be held on Sunday, August 24th 2014.
- The test is to be taken online from a computer, tablet, or smartphone of your convenience with access to the internet.
- The contest window will be open from 9am – 9pm.
- Results for the Qualifier round will be announced after the contest
Content and Format:
The contest is divided into two rounds: Qualifier and Acer
- Qualifier round will be conducted on August 24th, 2014 and the Acer round will be conducted on Sept 7th, 2014
- Students will be given questions from one grade lower than their current grade. For e.g. 7th grade students will solve questions from the 6th grade syllabus.
- All students participate in the Qualifier round. The Qualified students from each grade will move forward to compete in the Acer round.
- Students who qualify for the Acer round will be contacted by EdVIE and will be provided with details pertaining to the Acer round test.
- The top 3 students from each grade will be declared as winners of the contest.
|Grade||Syllabus||No. Of .Questions||Duration of test(in minutes)|
|6th and 7th||Previous year syllabus of Maths and Science.||Maths=20||60||View Syllabus|
|8th and 9th||Previous year syllabus of Maths, Physics and Chemistry||Maths=15||60||View Syllabus|
- Registration for the contest opens on July 10th, 2014 and close on August 15th, 2014 Midnight.
- Existing users can login and register to enter the contest.
- The Qualifier’s results will be made available on the website
- The results will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
Rules and Regulations:
- Participant should be a resident of India.
- Only one registration per student is allowed in the contest. If a student is found to have two accounts, the student will be disqualified.
- The participant will not be allowed to retake the test.
- The following are excluded from the contest: Employees and affiliates, foundation members of the contest, employee’s immediate family members (parents,siblings,spouse and children) and household members.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be sold or transferred. This offer may not be combined with any other promotion and is not redeemable for cash.